invert phase and group dispersion curves

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the inversion software
Carol

invert phase and group dispersion curves

Postby Carol » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:49 pm

Dear Mark,

I want to invert two (phase and group velocity) dispersion curves to derive a velocity profile.
After selecting (what I find to be) the most appropriate parametrization, and loading both phase and group velocity profiles, I get a dispersion target with two dispersion curves.
If I perform the inversion as such, is the inversion using both curves accordingly? Meaning, does dinver jointly invert the phase and group in the corresponding dispersion target for a 1D velocity model?
Tks in advance!

Carol

Re: invert phase and group dispersion curves

Postby Carol » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:57 pm

And in case the answer is positive how could I do it from command line?

Assuming I'm using
dinver-i DispersionCurve -optimization -target your.target -param your.param -itmax 200 -ns0 50 -ns 100 -nr 100 -o your.report

to run the inversion from command line.
How could I define the 'your.target' with the two curves (one phase another group) from command line as well?
Thanks again!

admin
Site Admin

Re: invert phase and group dispersion curves

Postby admin » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:19 pm

Hi Carol,

The are at least two ways to create .target files:
- from GUI, load and set your curves as you described it. Do not forget to set mode index, if it is a Rayleigh or Love curve and group/phase curve. From file menu, click on export target.
- with gptarget, see "-h all" or all details. This tool is not fully implemented. Some commands listed in the help are not yet available. The option 'A' is working, the one to add a curve to the target file.

Note that -itmax does not exist anymore for dinver command line. Equivalently run:

Code: Select all

dinver-i DispersionCurve -optimization -target your.target -param your.param -ns0 50 -ns 20000 -nr 100 -o your.report

Ns is now the total number of models generated and not only the number of model generated at each iteration. The concept of iteration has been remove from this parallel implementation of dinver.

Return to “Dinver usage”