Correlation analysis

Post in this forum all topics related to all sesarray softwares, not a particular one.
hflores

Correlation analysis

Postby hflores » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 am

Hello,
I'm working on correlating noise. We measured noise with a 22 geophone line with 1.5 m distance between geophones and we "caused" the noise walking from and to the first and to the last geophones in order to correlate the noise to obtain the Green Function.

When I look at my records I can see the steps going and coming either to channel 1or to channel 22. However I'm a little bit concerned on the possibility that Geopsy "changes" the time axis as for both correlations (respect to channel 1 and respect to channel 22) I obtain results as if the waves are traveling from channel 2 to channel 1 or from channel 22 to channel 21 (this last one is actually what I would expect) Or it might be that actually the sources are causing a "stronger" noise from this direction.

Thank you.
Best regards,
Hortencia

hflores

Re: Correlation analysis

Postby hflores » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:40 am

Even more, I think my question is even more simple. How does Geopsy calculate correlations "with a reference signal"? For example if I want to use channel 1 as a reference signal does Geopsy calculate channel 1 respect to channel 2 or channel 2 respect to channel 1?

The problem is that I obtain correlations that look quite similar independently from the reference signal I use.

Thank you,
Hortencia

Return to “General usage”