geopsytfa and geopsy are separate or they are integated together in geopsy?

All geopsy forums are in their very early stage. So a restricted number of forums has been created. If your question does not fit into one of the available categories, post here.
SivaramK

geopsytfa and geopsy are separate or they are integated together in geopsy?

Postby SivaramK » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:39 am

Dear Marc and Members of the team,

I am thankful to you all for providing this platform, for pointing out our problems of H/V and its Inversion.
I find that geopsypack has 55 items (when selected all) in version 2.9.0, showing separate pugin tools for geopsy and geopsytfa. However, there is no separate geopsytfa or hvtfa installed as mentioned in the documentation, but the installed geopsy has tfa incorporated in it.
However, the installed geopsy package of TFA does not show a window for storing of output i.e, .max files. Is this normal? I observe this in both linux and windows version.

Please help me, as this is required for H/V inversion.

Thanks and Regards
Sivaram K

admin
Site Admin

Re: geopsytfa and geopsy are separate or they are integated together in geopsy?

Postby admin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi

HVTFA is not working properly on 'testing' release. You have to use the 'devel' release. There is a 'output directory' at the bottom of the toolbox. geopsytfa is a different plugin to compute time-frequency plots bases also on Morlet wavelet. Both components are plugins to geopsy. They are integrated in the graphical user interface or they can be uses in a command line. See geopsy -h all for all details.

SivaramK

Postby SivaramK » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:37 am

Hi Marc,
Sorry for my late reply to your suggestion.

"There is a 'output directory' at the bottom of the toolbox."
But I don't find this output directory in the installed geopsy version 2.9.1.
Is something wrong? Can you suggest a way ahead to use the .max output from TFA for inversion in DINVER.

Thanks for any help.

saeedsoltani

Postby saeedsoltani » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:24 pm

hi sivaram
I think you downloaded the wrong version, do you have the plugin that i mentioned with red circle in attachment?
when you use the hvtfa plugin you have a .max file in output directory that you will open it by max2curve plugin.

the max2curve output (tab:action --> save ) is suitable for inversion in dinver
Attachments
FFF.png
(204.76 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Miscellaneous”