2D MASW

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the inversion software
aminkhalil

2D MASW

Postby aminkhalil » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:06 am

I am new user of geopsy. I wonder whether geopsy is capable of conducting 2D MASW modeling or not?
Thanks for your kind help

Amin

admin
Site Admin

Re: 2D MASW

Postby admin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:16 am

Not in an automatic way. There is no code I am aware of that can compute dispersion curves for a 2D structure in a fast way. You have to compute nearly the full wavefield (finite difference, spectral elements,...) and deduce dispersion curves for each sensor set and source position. This can take a lot of CPU time. Cheap approaches are pseudo 2D, this is just a juxtaposition of 1D profile with lateral constraints for the best products (Danish colleagues have developed such approaches).

The full computation will be certainly developed in Geopsy but not in a close future. Currently, Geopsy can compute all dispersion curves and export them in a rather efficient way. With this collection of curves, you can run dinver through command line for batch processing. I had a project to build a user-friendly interface for such task but I did not find the financial supports for it a few years ago.

Return to “Dinver usage”