about theoretical dispersion curve in dinver

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the inversion software
mahmud043

about theoretical dispersion curve in dinver

Postby mahmud043 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:57 pm

Dear admin,
I have downloaded the theoretical dispersion curve from this site for an inversion and i developed another theoretical dispersion curve from borehole data and dynamic soil properties data from seismic down hole test . Using your dispersion curve gives better result than our's. Does your theoretical dispersion curve applicable for universal use?

or, what is your suggestion for me?

with regards,
Estiak Mahmud

admin
Site Admin

Re: about theoretical dispersion curve in dinver

Postby admin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Can you be more precise?
i developed another theoretical dispersion curve from borehole data and dynamic soil properties data from seismic down hole test

Do you mean that you constructed a ground model (in terms of Vs and Vp) from a borehole geological description and a down holes test (with Vs profile)? Then, did you compute the dispersion curve with gpdc or another tool you developed?

Finally, if I understood your comment, you compared it to a dispersion curve you downloaded from the Geopsy online documentation. If they are similar, this is a pure coincidence, do not draw any conclusion about that. Tell me if I correctly got your point.

mahmud043

Postby mahmud043 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 am

Dear admin,
To say more specifically, i have a bore hole geological description and Vs data from seismic down hole test for only 20 m depth from the surface. I computed a theoretical dispersion curve with that using gpdc. i have ambient vibration data for 60 minutes (1 hr, 100Hz sampling rate).

From these ambient vibration data and theoretical dispersion curve , using Dinver i computed shear wave velocity for 100m depth from surface.

i computed shear wave velocity for 100m depth again from my ambient vibration data and theoretical dispersion curve downloaded from the Geopsy online documentation.

In the first case the soil profile has several parallel lines with very low misfit (0.02). So i do not know what to choose. what can be done to get the right one?

In the second case the profile is little different but shows only one line with low misfit.

So there is questions, is my procedure correct? Can i use theoretical dispersion curve downloaded from the Geopsy online documentation for my model ?

if i am wrong, what is your suggestion.

with regards,
Estiak Mahmud

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:02 am

Can you post an example of the inversion results you got with your real dataset?
Can you post also the curve you deduced from Geopsy processing (FK, HRFK, SPAC?)?
Can you post the parameterization you used for the inversion?

mahmud043

Postby mahmud043 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:39 am

Dear admin,
Wish you Marry Christmas at first.

As you mentioned. i attached a rar file. if you extract this you will get two separate folders. one, named "local data local disp curve" contain the dinver file with dispersion curve calculated from our local soil data.
another file named "local data downloaded disp curve" contains calculation using downloaded dispersion curve .

you will see the difference between two soil profiles.

with regards,
Estiak Mahmud
Attachments
Estiak 24 dec 2011.rar
(198.72 KiB) Downloaded 301 times

Return to “Dinver usage”