Importance sampling

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the inversion software
freitag

Importance sampling

Postby freitag » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:43 am

Hi Marc,

I already asked a similar question before, but maybe in the wrong context. I couldn't find any documentation on the importance sampling neither on the web nor in your thesis. The way I used the importance sampling was by adding a new run, setting RunType to 'Importance sampling' and then start it as a joint run with the previous 'Optimization' run. Then I assumed that the models created from this run sample the approximate PPD of the previous run, as described in Sambridge1999b. Thus I should be able to calculate bayesian Integrals from the ensemble parameters of the 'Importance sampling' run. Are these assumptions right?

Cheers,
Yannik

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:48 pm

Hi Yannik,

The importance sampling option in graphical user interface is now removed. At that time it was rather experimental. Now, you'd better use one of the latest release (>=2.1.0, will be available soon) and only through command line interface: http://www.geopsy.org/wiki/index.php/Im ... e_sampling

Return to “Dinver usage”