bad sampling frequency

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
enzo ternavasio

bad sampling frequency

Post by enzo ternavasio »

When i load a file.saf, i get this error: bad samplig frequency

I have the geopsy version 3.2.0 geopsypack 3.2.2

The file.saf has been sent by email beacouse i cannot attach it, even zipped.
Best regards, Enzo

admin
Site Admin

Re: bad sampling frequency

Post by admin »

Good news... I encounter the same error even with the latest release under preparation.
Usually under Windows, text files have their lines that end with the two characters CR and LF. Under Linux, only LF. In your file there is only CR at the end of each line. So geopsy considers your file as a single line and it cannot parse the header.

If you open your file under MS Word and if you save it as a txt file, you can load it in geopsy.

I checked how geopsy can support also these CR only lines but it is not simple. For reading these files geopsy uses the function QTextStream::readline() from Qt library which support only CR/LF and LF. Supporting only CR would require a different strategy.

How did you generate this file?

Marc

enzo ternavasio

Post by enzo ternavasio »

Hy, thanks for your reply.

In the meanwhile, after a lot of investigation, i've found exactely what you are saying.
I've have found that even the START_TIME must be in the correct format:
yar, month, day,hour seconds
and these values must be consistent.

The file has been generated by Dolang devices such as "Jeatrom".

I fixed this bug reading it and writing it again with CR ad LF at each line.

Regards, Enzo

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CR alone as an end of line marker is the standard for some old systems (MacOS9, Commodore64 & 128,...) according to wikipedia. If is a systematic output of Dolang SAF files, it might be worth to send them a bug report and to fix it with a CR/LF or LF only.