bad simogram visual, 0 source FH, no Edit source

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
esperione

bad simogram visual, 0 source FH, no Edit source

Post by esperione »

Hi, I ask you for help to solve 3 problems on new version 3.2.2. on W7 x64.
1) When I load the seismograms and display them I get something like in the figure, while in previous versions they were displayed correctly.
2) Then when I run Edit Set Source nothing happens.
3) For example, if I add an Event with Hammer and a distance x=4 m and Force z=-1 then carry out an Active FK analysis, nothing appears in the graphic box, but only the wording FK 0 Source!
Tank's in advaced.
Best ragards.
Stefan menarinis
Attachments
sismogr_all.PNG
(128.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet

admin
Site Admin

Re: bad simogram visual, 0 source FH, no Edit source

Post by admin »

Hi Stephan,

1) Geopsy 3.x.x is working only with absolute timing (precise or not), so the default plot is like your snapshot. There is an option in "Properties/Layers/Signals/Time scale" which lets you plot relative times. Once you close the graphic viewer, options are saved for the next usage. If you have several open graphics, only the properties of last one are saved (upon closing it). In 3.2.2, this plotting mode is not completely debugged but I'll try to fix it in 3.3.0. In the active FK tool, you can switch to each individual shot: axis are automatically adjusted to produce a more conventional signal plot (even when absolute time scale).
2) "Set source" are remains that should have been removed earlier. It is removed in 3.3.0
3) The event table replaces the source columns in signal properties (see SRL paper in section "Event table"). The absolute time of the hammer shot must fit with the signal absolute times. In your case, you should have three sources. Note that the force direction is currently not used by the active FK tool. 3C version of this tool under preparation will use it.

Hope that I answered part of your questions,

Marc

esperione

Post by esperione »

Thanks for the answer everything is working fine now.
In truth, I really like this new version and compliments on the efforts.
I started from the very first versions and so far many things have changed.
The only thing I can't learn well is the language to make the Headers set.
With the old I was very strong but this is a bit difficult (is it in Java?).
I find it difficult to do the Source header set: do you have a simple code string to do this on 48 source? Tank's

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's a kind of javascript. All details and examples are provided there

Sources are not part of the signal properties any longer. Hence the "Set header" scripts cannot change them. Instead, modify the "Event table", just one source is valid for the 48 channels if the time is consistent.

Marc