Database and Groups

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
epettinger

Database and Groups

Postby epettinger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:12 pm

Hello!

I was curious, is it possible to import files and create a database from the command line and not from the GUI? Also, is it possible to make groups from the command line and not from the GUI? If so, how would one go about doing either, or both, of these things?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Database and Groups

Postby admin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Currently you can start geopsy importing a list of signal files but you cannot create groups nor save it as a new database.

.gpy files are compressed XML files. You can edit then or create new ones. Groups are described at the end of the files.

hectorhinojosa

Postby hectorhinojosa » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:01 am

Hello. I am "Setting Recievers" to their UTM coordinates and am able to save the coordinate file. Then I save these changes to the "database". However, when I open this same database, I do not see anything in the screen. I would expect geopsy to show the waveform in the graph after these changes and after opening the database. Is this correct or am I missing something?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Are the signal files listed in the "File" tab, usually on the left side? If not, show it again using window/toolbars menu. Not sure if I fully understood your question, but did you drag and drop your signals into a viewer (map, signals, table,...) right after re-opening the database?

hectorhinojosa

Postby hectorhinojosa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:38 am

How do I save the data file after applying a filter with out storing it in a GROUP?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:53 am

Either you can export the filtered signal to the format of your choice (menu File/Export), or you can simply save your database keeping the window containing the filtered signal open. If you close it, the modified signals are automatically purged from the current database.

Return to “Geopsy usage”