Linear FK

This forum is dedicated to discuss all problems and suggestions related to the use of geopsy database and its plugins (array processing, H/V,...).
Marden

Linear FK

Postby Marden » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi Marc,

My question is regarding the Linear Fk for active source experiments.

I have loaded a shot gather with positive and negative shot-receiver offsets. The geometry seems fine, when displayed in map view I cannot discern any errors. The shot location seems correct as well.

The problem:
I press the Linear FK for active experiments the window that pops up where the dispersion curve will be displayed, shows 40 arrays (i am guessing 40 dispersion curves will be calculated), I was expecting 2 at most one for positive offsets and one for negative offsets.

Not sure what is going on, could you explain a bit

Thank you for your time
Diego

admin
Site Admin

Re: Linear FK

Postby admin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:30 am

Linear FK identifes the signals recorded for a shot, those which have the same shot location (in X,Y, Z, obvious), the same TimeReference (assumed to be the record absolute time written by the instruments, depends on acquisition devices and file format) and the same wave propagation direction (distinction between positive and negative). The name of each signal is disregarded in this case.

I guess that, in your case, TimeReference is not properly set. Can you check? (with my late answer, maybe you are far away from that issue)

Marden

Postby Marden » Thu May 14, 2015 5:01 pm

Hi Marc,

I haven't touched this project for a while, but just returned to it and found myself in the same spot.
yes indeed the TimeReference is not properly set. How would you edit those headers in geopsy?

Thanks a bunch

Marden

Postby Marden » Thu May 14, 2015 5:33 pm

sorry for the multiple messages.

I forgot to say I went ahead and check the original sgy file I was using corrected the TimeReference in the headers, so I was just curious if the header editing in Geopsy is done through scripting only or there was another way. No rush,

thanks again

Return to “Geopsy usage”